Sunday, June 7, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: June 7, 2009

It has been a very difficult night. I was awake all night coughing, wheezing and short of breath. I sat up in a recliner all night as I was concerned if I dozed off that I would stop breathing. We are trusting God to help me through this. My trusted family doctor was called home (Iowa) to be with her ailing father. At times, like this, I believe God allows me to be stripped of anyone or anything (outside of Him) so that I will learn to trust Him more. I am trusting HIM to bring me through this newly spawned battle.

Most importantly, please pray this is a "simple" infection - not PCP pneumonia or a fungal lung infection - both of which could be life-threatening. I need my airways to open up - my oxygen levels dipped into the 80s last night and that was concerning. I believe I have cracked a rib on the right side from coughing so hard. My trunk throbs from over 12 hours of almost non-stop coughing.

I am praising Him and believing Him for my deliverance from this infection .....

2 Samuel 22
Praise for God’s Deliverance

2 “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;

3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation,
My stronghold and my refuge;
My Savior, You save me from violence.

4 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

5 “When the waves of death surrounded me,
The floods of ungodliness made me afraid.

6 The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me;
The snares of death confronted me.

7 In my distress I called upon the LORD,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry entered His ears.

19 They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the LORD was my support.

20 He also brought me out into a broad place;
He delivered me because He delighted in me.

29 “For You are my lamp, O LORD;
The LORD shall enlighten my darkness.

30 For by You I can run against a troop;
By my God I can leap over a wall.

31 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the LORD is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

32 “For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?

33 God is my strength and power,
And He makes my way perfect.

40 For You have armed me with strength for the battle;
You have subdued under me those who rose against me.

47 “The LORD lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let God be exalted,
The Rock of my salvation!

50 Therefore I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the Gentiles,
And sing praises to Your name.

51 He is the tower of salvation to His king,
And shows mercy to His anointed,
To David and his descendants forevermore.”

1 comment:

kcdaniels said...

Stacie ~ I'm thinking about you and holding you close in my prayers.