Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blog Statistics

As I become more and more unable to be in crowds and out in public, I ask myself how I am to spread the Gospel as his disciple? My Blog has been a wonderful resource and way to share Scriptures, thoughts on the Christian walk, and to report praises for God and His goodness.

At times, I develop tunnel vision - narrowly focusing on the Blog audience I am aware of -- family and friends checking on my health updates and requests for prayers or other faithful readers.

Last night, I reviewed updated blog statistics on my site. My heart sang when I realized that I now have followers in eight other countries outside of the United States. Readers are logging on from the United Kingdom, Costa Rica, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Canada, Republic of Korea, and Japan.

Allow my mind to wander and my heart to sing as I consider the possibility of a Muslim friend in the Middle East reading and learning about a Savior she has never met. Or consider the individual in the Republic of Korea reading and finding a Source of hope in his country, being surrounded by threats of missile attacks and tyranny.

I can only pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to breathe words into my spirit to type and that He will draw those who do not know Him to read my mortal words. When God is in the mix, my humble, insignificant words become anointed by the Holy Spirit and can empower the lost to draw near to their Savior.

That is my prayer. If you are reading this Blog tonight, I pray that you will become aware of your need for a Savior - a God of love and hope and the promise of eternal life. I pray that you will bow your head before the One True God, possibly for the first time in your life, and tell him that you are sorry for your sins and that you believe Jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins and the promise of eternal life.

Our world is frazzled and fear abounds. Disasters and crimes, and terrorism wrap on the doors of cities and nations. There is a Source of peace and hope - and when we seek Him, He will be found.

Psalm 46

1 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

7 The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

8 Come, behold the works of the LORD,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

11 The LORD of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

No comments: