Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chemo Care Package

Today I received a Chemo Care Package from my Dad and Mom. They have covered all the bases and purchased everything and anything I might require during my treatment. After this many years of leukemia treatments and hospital stays, all of us have mastered the art of making a stay in the ICU as near to a stay at a Hilton, as humanly possible (okay, that might be a "slight" exaggeration).

Some items I received ......

-New quilt for my hospital bed - who wants to sleep with germy blankets that other sick people have used?
-New pillowcases for my Memory Foam pillow - who wants to sleep on a plastic encased, flat pillow (that other sick people have slept on)?
-New pajamas - no description needed - who wants to sleep in a hospital gown, parading around a public place in such a garb?
-New praise and worship CD's to lift my spirits and to filter out the beeps and buzzes of the ICU unit
-New Joyce Meyer book NEVER GIVE UP - pretty good message for someone who has been told it's the "end" ....... Call me stupid, but I'm not giving up despite what I have been told.
-Socks, house shoes - ewwww who wants to walk on germy hospital floors with bare feet?
-Nutritious snacks to replace repulsive hospital food and snacks.
-Evian bottled water - who wants to drink out of the refillable hospital mug that travels throughout the unit on its way to refilling, collecting germs along the way?
-A picture frame with Lil Man's picture - what Grammy could travel without this treasure?
-And a wide array of toiletry items and other goodies.

Thanks Dad and Mom!

2 comments:

justme said...

How wonderful! Your parents are real gems. I'll be praying for you all the way, Stacie.

Donna said...

Hi Stacie, how sweet of your folks to get you all decked out for your hospital stay. They are so caring and loving to do that. It is touching.. Donna :)