Thursday, June 25, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: June 25, 2009

I am resettled in the ICU room. I was admitted earlier this evening - IV hydration is underway to help prevent Tumor Lysis. I will receive more Neupogen tonight and will begin my treatment with Rituxan (I believe) in the morning sometime. Please pray that I will not have a serious reaction - this week the dose is larger, the rate is faster and we are decreasing steroid premedication - I must be able to infuse it in this fashion to be able to move next week to the oncologists' infusion center and get out of this hospital every week. I pray it will go as planned.

My spleen had shrunk my family doctor said tonight - it was below the belly button - now is 3 finger widths above it. Enlarged lymph nodes have decreased in size.

The anti-cancer diet is going well. I am so focused on only putting nutritious, live foods in my body during treatment, that I am not even tempted to eat junk. My husband ate a piece of apple caramel walnut pie at dinner on our way here - it had no appeal to me. I had Mediterranean roasted veggies and a strawberry, Romaine, walnut salad. I juiced today and mainly had juice, smoothies and other experimental goodies.

Next week I will have my monthly IVIG all day on Monday and then my treatment all day on Wednesday and Thursday - so a busy week - I am going to miss Lil Man so much.

Update: IV sticks not going so well tonight - my veins are so tired - they have put in 6 IV's trying to get 2 good lines -so far only one IV has held up. I told the nurse I couldn't take anymore sticks tonight, so we are out of the IV business for the night. Please pray specifically for my vein access to improve.

WBC increased again tonight (not a good sign) - please pray I am not refractory to the treatment (meaning it is not working) and these increases in my WBC are just from the lymphocytes being moved from the nodes and spleen to bloodstream. I will continue to stand on the promises of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering what you were eating. Glad to hear you're
following that diet. Though I don't know that specific book, it sounds like what I'd been hoping you were eating. So glad that it is not difficult so far for you to resist yummies not on the diet

I started this after the first one you sent that mentioned the new
diet, but didn't get it finished due to the busyness of Tech week for our musical. I am praying with you as the Rituxan begins this morning.

--Sarah

Anonymous said...

Standing on the promises, I cannot fail. Trusting in His mercy, love & strength prevail...

Standing, standing, standing on the promises of God my Savior! Standing, standing, standing on the promises of God!

Praying specifics for you today, Stacie. I'm encouraged by your resisting the temptation of sweets & thankful that God has removed the desire for junk food. Whole foods, live foods!

May your veins open up today for those IV's

Love
Bethany