Saturday, June 27, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: June 27, 2009

Good morning. It is a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning. I slept poorly last night due to nausea and bone pain. They drew blood around 4 AM and I finally went to sleep until 7 AM when my oncologist stopped by. The treatment is planned to begin at 10 AM today (Eastern Time) so please continue to pray that God will use it for my good and not for harm. I am believing that He will guard me from serious infusion reactions.

All of my counts had declined this morning (that is good news for some counts and not so good of news for other counts). My uric acid level is still elevated, so receiving the IV hydration is important to prevent Tumor Lysis and to protect my kidneys.

When all goes well today, I might be home before midnight tonight. It will be comforting to sleep in my own bed. Thank you for your love, support, and prayers.

1 comment:

kbpray said...

Hi Stacey! I usually get my updates from Tina, but just wanted to sign on to your blog to let you know that I continue to pray for God to do the miraculous! Also - just watched an incredible movie - Faith Like Potatoes. It isn't the finest quality film ever made, but the message is astonishingly powerful! I highly recommend it - along with all of the Special Features! God speaks through it.

Also - a verse to draw your heart close to Him: "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your Presence O LORD" (Psalm 89:15). I think of you when I read this, for you have indeed learned to acclaim the Father, and you walk daily in the light of His holy Presence.

I'm praying you will be in your own bed tonight!

Blessings,
Kim Butts