Monday, June 1, 2009

IVIG Today

I am at the infusion center receiving my monthly IVIG treatment. I am finally feeling "at home" at this facility, since having to make the move from the infusion center where I went for nearly ten years. I have settled on my "usual and customary" recliner with a great window view. I have a flat screen television, my laptop, almost all of the perks of being at home.

The steady stream of cancer patients amazes me. As each patient steps on the scales to be weighed, I reflect on the difficulties that they and their families are enduring. More specifically, I am saddened to think of those individuals who are fighting cancer with no personal relationship with our one True God.

Over and over during this battle, I have to depend upon and turn to Him for guidance. Scripture instructs us:

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
(Proverbs 3:5-6)


How does one trust in a Savior, if he or she has never been introduced to Him? How can the unsaved make life-altering cancer treatment decisions without the revelation and inspiration of the Holy Spirit? I would not want to travel this path alone. I am forever grateful that my Almighty God accompanies me each step of the way. He is my Source of wisdom and understanding of medical terminology and theories that are mind boggling. He is my Comforter from pain, dispair, and negative reports. He is the One I am assured will never forsake me on this journey.

I am grateful He and His Word have instructed me to "not worry about tomorrow". I embrace and prayerfully plan for TODAY. I manage the pain for TODAY. God's ways and plans are always so much better than our own. I am appreciative that He is the captain of my life ship.

1 comment:

preachergirl said...

Enjoyed this so much. I am very glad to have met you online and thank Jesus for my new friend. Praying for your health.