Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: June 30, 2009

The good news for today - my spleen had shrunk by another finger width - that is four finger widths total.

Also, my CD4 T-Cell count escalated from 200 or less to 417! That is a low NORMAL range. These T-Cells are vital components of my immune system. If ever I need fighting T-Cells it is now during treatment. Praise God.

I do need prayer - we are worried about Tumor Lysis Syndrome (TLS) which I have mentioned before since I cannot take the drug that protects patients from TLS during chemotherapy. My uric acid level has elevated to almost 7. It was rechecked tonight and if it is higher, I might be admitted to the slammer for IV hydration. Please pray that I can avoid that. I have felt poorly today - weakness, diarrhea and nausea that has prevented me from consuming the fluids that my kidneys need right now.

I will begin Week Three of Half Dose Rituxan tomorrow morning at 9:15. I will update as able. Please continue to praise and pray for a successful outcome for me.

No comments: