Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today we celebrate my Mom's 66th Birthday. It is simplistic to remember our ages as twenty years separate each of three generations - Mom turns 66 today, I will turn 46 later this year, and our twin daughters will celebrate their 26th birthdays. Otherwise, I might lose track of everyone's age.

Much has changed in the last year. Last year we celebrated at a quaint farmhouse restaurant on white linen tablecloths, crystal glasses of basil lemonade and gourmet food. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxed.

This year we had the added blessing of Lil Man at our celebration. He is a delightful napkin shredder. He squealed and entertained with all of his new sounds that he is discovering. He sucked on limes and made adorable faces. This year's celebration, although quite different, was a joy with our newest family member who has made my Mom a Great Grandma and me a Grammy since last year's birthday celebration.

I am grateful to God for the good health and stamina He has given to my Mom. I am thankful for the many ways in which she helps me. And I pray we will celebrate many more birthdays together.

No comments: