Sunday, June 21, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: June 21, 2009

We arrived home from the hospital at about 2:40 AM. We realized when I got dressed to leave ICU, that I had a great deal of swelling in my hands and feet - edema probably from the IV hydration given to prevent Tumor Lysis. My hemoglobin had dropped to 7.9 when I left - please pray that this downward trend in the hemoglobin reverses as I am nearing the point where I will require a blood transfusion (which I would like to avoid due to past reactions to blood transfusions).

My WBC continues to decline - it was 46,100 last night when I left (135,300 at admission). My platelets continue to decline as well (not a good trend). My neutrophils also really took a turn for the worse, so I will probably have labs repeated tomorrow to be certain I do not require more Neupogen.

I am very weak today and still have edema from the retained fluids. Thank you for your prayers. I will be admitted again to ICU on Thursday evening.

No comments: