Monday, June 8, 2009

Update: June 8, 2009

I am so grateful for all of your prayers and encouraging e-mails.

I was so sick last night - but remained firm in my resolve to stay at home and not be admitted to the hospital. I told my husband not to allow them to resuscitate me, should I worsen. We sat up in our twin recliners in our small den all night. The sunrise was embraced by my eyes and spirit as I knew He had brought me through the night.

My husband took me to the local oncologist this morning. That alone makes everyone nervous, because no matter how sick I am, I usually always take myself to the doctor. (Although I have had many trips when I don't recall the drive home from the doctor's office - I call those my "riding the magic carpet home" commutes. :-)

They began another antibiotic as we await the lab results from last week to see if a serious lung problem is the cause -- i.e. CMV, Aspergillosis, etc. I was desensitized and it took most of the day to get that drug into me, yet I avoided another reaction. The oncologist ordered a prescription for a cough suppressant, so I am hopeful for sleep tonight.

My husband said the oncologist was worried about me. When he listened to my lungs, he said my lungs did not sound well at all. If the temp, cough, etc. does not improve then I will have to have a broncoscopy to try to isolate an organism and then treat that. Please pray we can see resolution of this infection as I really do not want an invasive procedure.

I had very good care today by the local oncologist's team and was grateful to each of them.

All weekend as I debated calling my trusted family physician (who left last week to go with her ailing father), I was stopped in my spirit. This morning, we learned heard from her that her father died on Saturday morning and they buried him today. I was grateful I had not bothered her and that God has helped me as the Great Physician while she is away. She will remain with family until next Tuesday. Please pray for this family.

I located a pulse ox meter that I could have at home. My parents went and picked that up for me while I was at the infusion center. That will be a big blessing and help during lung infections.

I am so blessed. Several dear friends e-mailed words of prayer to me. During the night as I sat here, struggling to breathe, my long-time friend (since we were 5 months old!) texted me through the night with reminders of what God was going to do for me. She and her husband were up praying for me at 3 AM. The fellowship and prayers of our brothers and sisters in Christ become even more precious in life battles such as this.

With love and gratitude to each of you. May He bless you and keep you and always provide prayer partners for each of you during your difficult days and battles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better believe it!! Prayer partners and intercessors are good to have around you when the trials and tribulations come

God Bless

Love Ya!

Mary

Anonymous said...

In case I haven't told you lately, I love you my sister in Jesus Christ.
Even though I don't get to see you but once a year or less, I sure love
you.

Keep up the good fight. You're seeing the sunrise was a beautiful picture.

Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

DEAR STACIE,

WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU ON A DAILY BASIS AND ARE GRATEFUL THAT YOU HAVE HAD SOME COMFORT. KNOW THAT YOUR MANY FRIENDS ARE WITH YOU ALWAYS AND THAT WE WANT TO KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP OUT. YOUR WILL AND PATIENCE ARE AMAZING!!

WE LOVE YOU,
MARY AND LOU