Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Prayer for Today: June 3, 2009

Almighty God,

I praise You for never forsaking us. Thank You for being our constant Companion, ever-present, always listening, forever perfect. In this dark world, Your Word remains that “lamp to our feet, and a light to our paths” (Psalm 119:105). I am grateful for the gift of Your Holy Word – it is the perfect instruction manual for each of us to follow. You have provided us with all of the answers to life’s dilemmas and challenges.

Forgive us when we falter and fail and turn to others for guidance for our life before we turn to You and Your Word. Each time that we face trials and tribulations, remind our spirits to seek You and Your Word for answers. Your Word never fails us or returns void. We are instructed in the book of Isaiah: “So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

I know there are great needs in most families and I bring these needs before You, Precious Father. I am certain you know the intimate details of each life situation. Draw near to each one and provide comfort, clarity, and compassion.

I love You Lord. I lift my voice and prayers to You in praise and thanksgiving for all of the answers and blessings you have bestowed upon us. Although unworthy to receive the blessed gift of salvation, we are forever grateful for the Cross and for the sacrifice Christ made for each of us – sinners all saved by grace. May we grant you first place in our lives, our plans, our words and our deeds.

In Jesus’ Mighty Name I pray. AMEN.

No comments: