Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Our Baby Daughter

I have been waiting for the clock to strike midnight to signify the 24th Birthday of our youngest daughter. So, here it is midnight and I am swept away to a special day 24 years ago when she arrived. She has blessed our family by being a part of it.

That precious day remains vivid in my cognitive memory book. Her "older" twin sisters were excited about the prospect of a new baby (they were 17 months old when their baby sister arrived). My husband and I commuted to the hospital where a planned C-section had been scheduled. I can still recall the pink and white striped dress I wore to the hospital.

In no time at all, with the assistance of modern medicine, our third beautiful baby girl joined our family. She had chubby cheeks and cherub lips. She stole our hearts as I cradled and nursed in her in my arms for the first time.

Tonight, I write this from my ICU bed - I am so grateful to God for giving me these years to watch her grow and mature and now witness her perform amazingly as a mother herself to our Lil Man. I am saddened that I cannot celebrate in person with her tomorrow, but she knows that I am celebrating in my heart tonight and tomorrow over the love she has brought to all of us.

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!

No comments: