Saturday, June 6, 2009

Update & Prayer Request: June 6, 2009

We just returned from the hospital. My coughing, shortness of breath and wheezing continued to worsen. The x-ray techs commented that it "sounded like I had pneumonia" -- but thank God the x-rays showed no pneumonia. My hemoglobin continues to decline but I did have enough neutrophils to be considered in a relatively safe range. I have coughed so hard, I feel as though I have cracked a rib. Please pray for God to resolve this infection quickly and for it not to develop into pneumonia. I have increased the steroids in an effort to reduce inflammation in my airways -- which means I will probably be awake all night alphabetizing spices and organizing closets and drawers (the side effect I have with higher dose steroids)!

1 comment:

John Wagner said...

Praying for God to intervene and wipe this infection from your body. I pray your breathing will return to normal and your airways be opened.

Hang in there and try to get some rest.