Monday, June 1, 2009

Finally Home

Mercy Me is one of my favorite contemporary Christian bands. "Finally Home" contains some potent lyrics. I always envision myself entering Heaven with my mind racing with all the unanswered questions I have for my Heavenly Father. I imagine scanning the Heavenlies for Abraham so that I can ask him how he maintained the faith to have a son at his ripe old age. I imagine looking for the Apostle Paul's mansion, knocking on his door, and asking him about his ability to maintain faith in spite of powerful persecutions.

However, lyrics in this song have caused me to reevaluate my entrance into Heaven. Mercy Me sings, "Then I'll gaze upon the throne of the King, frozen in my steps and all the questions that I swore I would ask, words just won't come yet."

I believe that all of my unanswered questions and seeking their answers will become secondary to standing and inhaling the very presence of my God. The beauty and wonders of Heaven will paralyze me, as I enter and my eyes absorb the Heavenlies. The songs of the angels will penetrate my ears and be the most beautiful sound that I have ever heard.

Who would want to miss out on Heaven? God is waiting for each man, woman and child, no matter how wicked or bad, to turn to Him and entrust their lives in His care. Don't delay. None of us know when we will be "finally home".

FINALLY HOME - Mercy Me

I'm gonna wrap my arms around my daddy's neck
and tell him that I've missed him
and tell him all about the man that I've became
and hope that it pleased him
there's so much I want to say
there's so much I want you to know.

CHORUS:
When I finally make it home when i finally make it home.
Then I'll gaze upon the throne of the King
frozen in my steps and all the questions
that I swore I would ask
words just won't come yet
so amazed at what I've seen
so much more than this
old mind can hold.

And the sweetest sound my ears have yet to hear
voices of angels.

You Tube link to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zI3lXSOt3c

No comments: