Saturday, June 20, 2009

Update: June 20, 2009

Thanks for all of your encouraging words and prayers. I have completed my treatment for the week - praise God - this is the remaining 90 percent of the dose I received 10 percent of yesterday - I made it with flying colors and no reactions - we have advanced the infusion rate from a maximum of 16 mg/ml yesterday to 50 mg/ml today - that is a major accomplishment for me to be infusing that "fast" without reactions.

Thank God and thank you Dr Hamblin for the tip to divide the dose like this. My family doctor came to see me today - she believes this can be infused, my 6 hours of IV hydration, the IV Micafungin and have me headed home by 1 or 2 AM later tonight. I hope all goes well as U am exhausted from two sleepless nights in ICU - every hour someone is in here doing something and I need rest to heal.

Tomorrow is our daughter's birthday / Father's Day party and I have everyone coming for dinner .... do i need a good night's rest. :-) The oncologist scolded me for making such plans but if I cannot live how I desire to live, making memories with my family, then I am not truly living.

I will have more labs drawn before I leave and will update the blog later with the new results ...... drum roll please

again, excuse this horrific typing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a whirlwind! Good wishes and prayers are with you! Take Care and enjoy your time with your family Sunday.

Cindy

Celeste Maia said...

Oh Stacie, congratulations! I just want to say how happy I am that everything went so well. Enjoy you well deserved Sunday with all the celebrations planned.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Praise be to God!!!!!

Hurray for you...taking your stand to live the way you want to. Happy celebration today.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Great news this morning, Stacie!!!

Enjoy a wonderful Father's Day and birthday party with your family. Blessings and love to all of you.

Mary and Lou