Saturday, June 27, 2009

Update 2 for June 27, 2009

Treatment Number 4 of half-dose Rituxan is now history! Only 12 more treatments remain for me. I had NO reactions - wooohoooo! I am praising God for that major achievement.

I will remain at the hospital until around 10 tonight for IV hydration and then be discharged. They will draw labs around 8 PM and I will try to report on the results later.

I did very well with the Rituxan but again have had some diarrhea and nausea with it today.

I will rest tomorrow and then on Monday I have my usual IVIG all-day treatment that I receive every 28 days - followed by full day treatment days this coming Wednesday and Thursday with Rituxan. It is going to be a challenging week with three full days of treatments, however, I know I am not walking this stony path alone.

My Dad gave a pep talk to the Rituxan as it infused today, so if those smart bombs listened to Dad, the leukemia cells must be imploding as I write.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just absolutely love that your dad gave your meds and white blood cells a pep talk today! That made me smile. I am praying for you today and hoping for the best results possible from your treatment!
jess