Friday, June 26, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: June 26, 2009

My veins were at attention this morning - thanks for the IV prayers - this morning's nurse started one on the first attempt. Thank You, God.

For an overnight ICU stay, I did sleep for 5 or 6 hours in split shifts. I felt better rested this week than last week when I started the treatment. My counts are not where I would like to see them, however, I am trusting God to do the work and perfect them for me. I play a solitary game in this 8 X 8 cell of a room. I review and look at the reports generated from tests and physicians and then recall Scriptures - the real truth of the matter - I am trusting Him alone.

My uric acid level has increased (they monitor the uric acid level to help prevent tumor lysis syndrome) this morning. IV fluids were increased so I will be like a bloated little piggy. :-)

There was some confusion over the treatment dosage - half-dose versus full-dose - but that has been resolved. It looks like a start time for treatment around noon (EASTERN). Please pray that I will not have a reaction to the drug and that it will work for good and no harm to my body.

No comments: