Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update & Prayer Request: June 18, 2009

First, forgive my bad typing .... I have an IV in my right wrist. This has been an unbelievable day - two hours before I was to leave for the hospital, the doctor called and the lung sputum culture from two weeks ago grew out positive for a fungal infection. I realy need prayer about this new concern.

I was admitted - my vein access was bad and it took 4 IV's to get one good one IV site...then I began premeds, received Neupogen and now I am receiving IV Micafungin(antifungal). I really didn't have time in the schedule for this added IV (it is the IV antifungal was on at home for almost a month in March) should finish it about midnight and then I will premedicate again then desensitize to Cipro - so there won't be much sleep here. Early in the morning, I will premedicate for the planned Rituxan treatment to begin at 9 AM. I am receiving lots of IV hydration as well to help prevent tumor lysis. I certainly need this new report to prove to only be a contaminant fungus and not a full blown pulmonary fungal infection.

Amazingly my nurse's mother has been diagnosed with the same leukemia that I have - she is taking all my protocol I typed for my doctors and other studies I have with me and is copying this information for her mom. I'm giving her online resources, etc. I am grateful God can somehow still use me to help someone else in the midst of all this mess. He is faithful. I will write more when I am not so groggy on Benadryl.

3 comments:

Celeste Maia said...

Praying for you, Stacie, and thinking of you. You have so much strangth, what an amazing woman you are!

Shari said...

Stacie, I am following your progress closely on your blog. I went to sleep praying for you last night after getting your note. I'm glad you have your laptop and can share what's happening. I haven't kept up with CLLCF as much lately, so I didn't know everything that was going on with you until I started reading your blog (as a result of reading John's). But I will be keeping a constant check on how you're doing and please know that I will be praying for you. You are so precious. Love, Shari

Anonymous said...

From Shelly .....

God IS faithful! I know that you are going to do well on the Rituxin. Thank you Jesus for protecting my sister this morning. We want to give YOU the glory for using Stacie even in the midst of troubled times. Thank you for allowing her to think clearly, through the medication fog, to allow her to be able to communicate how this needs to be completed this morning. Please place on her prayer partners hearts what she needs this morning. I do pray for any leg pain to be gone in the name of Jesus. Thank you for her veins to be plump and for her breathing to become clear with her cough ceasing. In Jesus name,

Amen