Monday, June 22, 2009

Update & Prayer Request: June 22, 2009


Glass of produce after the juicer


Plate of produce before the juicer

I have had a pretty good day today - the swelling is almost all gone in my hands and feet. I surprised myself and was on the road at 7:30 AM to pick up Lil Man and watched him all day. One of my best friends came and spent the day with me - she prepared alot of my anti-cancer meals ahead for me.

I am following Dr. Michael Murray's anti-cancer diet found in the book HOW TO PREVENT AND TREAT CANCER WITH NATURAL MEDICINE (I think that is the title)! :-)

Today I ate:

Green drink with kelp, spirulina, and wheat grass and other goodies.

3 liters of water

Smoothie made with an apple, non-fat milk, flaxseeds, whey protein powder and other "goodies".

I have juiced 1/2 head of cabbage, bag of carrots, 2 apples, and 1/2 bunch of broccoli.

I ate a bean/leek/garlic soup my friend made from a recipe in the book for lunch.

I ate a chicken breast for lunch.

I have spinach juice and a berry smoothie left for today.

It is alot of food for me and I don't know if I can eat all of it but it is nutritionally dense.

It is simple to follow this plan (even with that candy bar cheesecake in the refrigerator) when I've been given the "end stage disease" prognosis. :-)

The lymph nodes in my neck feel a bit smaller today. I will see the doctor and have labs tomorrow - so maybe more news tomorrow on blood counts, spleen size, etc.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO impressed at your diet changes. Of all the things you are going
through, to throw in a new grass diet :) that's impressive! More power
to you through Jesus Christ our Lord!!

Knucks - chest bump - high five etc. etc.,
Cindy