Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Missionary Prayer Requests

I have posted prayer requests in the past for my friend Jessie. She is a missionary in Costa Rica. Please agree in prayer for her requests:

It's June!!! Two weeks from today, I will be jumping on a plane to Denver, headed to Young Life's family camp Trail West in Buena Vista. I am going to be the Tuwashi boss, which is a fun way of saying housekeeping. I will have a work crew of 8 high school girls, who have accepted Christ and want to serve Him this summer. We will be working together, eating together, and sleeping together for a solid month! I am very excited about the opportunity to live life in a very close-knit Christian community with these girls and have the gift of discipling them.

I have been asked to have 10 people specifically pray for daily for camp. Each person assigned to work at camp this month is doing the same, as we firmly believe that the prayers of God's people impact our ability to share His love. Would you consider joining our team and praying for God's work at family camp?

Thanks so much for being an integral part of my life and ministry!
jessie

Specific Ways to pray June 18-July 18:
- Tuwashi Work Crew Girls: Hannah 1, Hannah 2, Jasmine, Stephanie, Cara, Jesyca, Jenalee, and Carley
- Families at Camp: Families would reconnect with Christ and each other
- Military Week: July 5th-11th Soldiers that recently returned from or are leaving for 15 month deployments and their families
- Camp Speaker: James Rockwell
- Personally: strength, rest, patience, endurance, favor with the girls on my team, friendships with other assigned staff members
-That we would be aware of the enemy's schemes and foil them

No comments: