Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Very Urgent Prayer Request: March 11, 2009

I am very ill and in a very serious predicament. Please forward this request to others who will pray.

I need people to intercede for me as never before. Another fungal infection has grown out on culture - this can be life-threatening to someone with little immune function, like myself. This growth has occurred in the presence of my taking a strong antifungal, Itraconazole and two antibiotics.

UPDATE:

I returned to the oncologists' infusion center today. They began yet another IV drug today (Micafungin) - I will have to go everyday, seven days a week, for a minimum of 3 weeks-- for this IV treatment.

Another very strong antifungal will be started tomorrow - it is oral but the pharmacy ran it through on the drug card and our co-pay was $5000 per month -- yes, five thousand. Fortunately, the Lord has provided and a lady at the insurance company over-rode the co-pay -it should arrive by noon tomorrow. I will have the IV in the morning and then be desensitized and begin the second antifungal (Posaconazole) tomorrow afternoon.

We need a HUGE breakthrough. I need the fungal infections to be stopped and not allowed to spread further (as well as the bacterial infection I am fighting). These drugs both impair marrow function and cause drops in platelets, red cells and neutrophils -- these are all counts I am struggling to maintain due to the high percentage of leukemia impeding marrow function. Please pray that God can preserve my marrow function and prevent transfusions, etc.

And both of the new drugs can cause kidney and liver complications, so believe and agree with me that my organs will be guarded by Him. I will be having labs every couple of days to closely monitor the counts.

I shall not die but live and proclaim the works of the Lord ......

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I am passing your post on to somebody that I know for sure will pray!! OK?

I want to get a prayer list going for you!!!

I am going to do my very best for you Stacie!! I am starting to feel the magnificence that prayer can do!

Stay as strong as you can!!! I am off to start the prayer list!!!

Anonymous said...

O Lord, we claim the whole armor of God for our sister and we ask that there be no openings to the enemy, who seeks to kill, steal
and destroy. We claim your protection over her life. We claim your healing over her life. In Jesus' name, we command an end
of this fungal growth. Be arrested in Jesus' name. Be gone in Jesus' name.
And now Lord, bless her with rest, with good thoughts, with life, with your nearness. Amen and Amen.

We love you. Pastor Aaron

Annie K said...

Hi Stacie,

Your very concerned friend, Michelle asked for prayer for you and I want you to know that I will definitely be praying for you. And I want you to know that God loves you more than anything - so just crawl up into his lap and let his arms hold you tight.

A Sister in Him,
Annie

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Stacie.

God bless you with His healing, peace and joy.

Michelle said...

Stacie I have a lot of people now praying for you. People you do not know BUT you know in your soul!! They are good people and honest people.

We will get you healthy in no time!!!

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I agree with you - you shall not die, but live and declare the works of God! God sent forth His word and healed you, and delivered you from your destructions - Ps 107