Friday, March 13, 2009

Prayer Request & Update: March 13, 2009

Dear Ones,

Thank you for your many prayers, words of encouragement and for sharing my requests with others who will believe, agree, and pray with us.

Today was Day 3 of the IV antifungal. I still have a temperature. The medications are causing diarrhea and my cough worsened today. After I finished the IV today, the oncologist sent me for a chest x-ray. I rejoice that I have learned it was clear. Thank You, Lord.

My body is very weak. The side effects of these antifungals are nearly unbearable and most of you know how many medicines I have taken over the past 12 years. I am not a medication wimp. Yet these two throw powerful punches and are trying to bring me down for the count.

There are many concerns and battles going on between doctors, my insurance company, and other details that I will leave between God and me. I need Him to iron out the complicating details for me. He knows the care and treatment I need, so I must trust Him to provide it for me.

Alan and Mary sent me this verse today. It spoke loudly to my soul.

"Then your light will break out like the dawn, and your recovery will speedily spring forth; and your righteousness will go before you; the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry, and He will say,'Here I am.

"And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

"Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; you will raise up the age-old foundations; and you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell."

Isaiah 58:8-9, 11-12

No comments: