Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update: March 5, 2009

I finished my IVIG in a little over 8 hours today. All went well without reactions. My Neutrophils continued to hold in a less dangerous range, so I did not have the Neupogen today.

Concerning though, my platelets dropped to 89 (normal 130-400)and my hemoglobin was in the 9 range (normal 12-16) - no wonder I have been so exhausted and pale. Hoping to avoid blood transfusions. It is difficult to discern if the (1) leukemia is further impacting the marrow function; (2) the ongoing infection is suppressing marrow function; or (3) one of the drugs I am taking is causing these declines.

For now, I am free of medical procedures until next week. YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(Except for the six daily large, looming syringes of Tobramycin injected up my nose. The nurse who gave me that today aptly noted that the amount of liquid that went in was not equivalent to the amount of liquid that drained back out. I told her that must mean my head is empty and it is being retained inside there somewhere. Does that make me a bubble-head?)

Thanks for praying!

“ Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy –

just wanted you to know that I’m keeping tabs on your daily walk of faith and praying for you!

Magnificent Healer, give Stacy courage and the strength to allow You to fight for her. May she feel no fear because You have redeemed her and called her by name. Give her the breath to continually place herself in Your hands because she is Yours and You care for her. Let her spirit feel the breath of Your Presence continually and without ceasing. Wash over her with a wave of Your Divine mercy! Bring healing and victory over this evil disease for the sake of Your Name, and so that Stacy will have a powerful testimony that will bring honor and glory to You. Draw unbelievers to Your heart through her witness and strengthen the walk of those who waver because You have done miraculous things. God we ask this in Jesus’ Name and wait expectantly for You to answer!

Stacy, may this day be one of glorious splendor, of thanksgiving and of joy as you allow Him to refresh your spirit and give you strength for the fight!

Standing with you,

Kim

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see a "YIPPPPEEEE!" in your blog. May I offer an additional YIP on your behalf? :-) Prayers continue as always. God's Hug to you and yours.