Saturday, March 21, 2009

Update & Prayer Request: March 21, 2009

Day 10 of the IV antifungals was infused at the hospital last night. I went to the IV Infusion Room and it was full of people (it is supposed to close at 5, when I have been scheduled, to keep me away from other patients). I looked at the nurse and she gave me a knowing acknowledgment. I sat down and she left the room. The woman next to me began coughing and tells me she has pneumonia. WHAT? I picked up my bags and walked out.

The nurse returned and I told her I would bypass my IV versus sitting in that room. She arranged for me to be put in a semi-private room with an elderly woman (non-contagious).

Today, I am making the transition back to at-home IV's. All of the IV supplies and medication arrived yesterday. I am still awaiting final culture ID and sensitivities to see if we are on track with these two antifungals selected by the infectious disease doctor and trusted family physician.. I am currently hooked up to the IV, in my pajamas, with my favorite quilt and laptop, all under the watchful eye of my oldest daughter (nurse).

I am very weak and need strength and stamina to return. Labs will be repeated on Monday, so please pray for these results. I am facing some difficult decisions this week, so I need discernment and guidance to make the right choices for myself.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Ok yes I will pray!!!

I am sending you strength too!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your new favorite song Stacie!!Praying for you to regain your strength and that God will guide the decisions you are to make this week!

Thoughts,Hugs & Many Prayers,
Deb