Sunday, March 1, 2009

Update & Prayer Request: March 1, 2009

James 1:4
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

STILL waiting on lab reports. So, all we can do is believe this wait is instilling patience in us that will work to our best interests.

My husband and I were up most of the night, watching for drug reactions. I am taking medications almost every hour around the clock right now. We are so exhausted. I need to sleep but the steroids are preventing sleep.

Unless we have "breaking news" the plan is for me to go to the oncologists' office tomorrow to check the peak and trough levels of the Tobra (levels must be carefully monitored since Tobra can cause deafness and kidney failure). So I will have blood drawn for the trough (lowest level) then they will administer the Tobra treatment and them draw a peak level (highest level).

I will also have my IgG (immunoglobulin) level checked to see if are moving up my all-day IVIG treatment from next week to this week. And we will have a stat CBC so that we will know if I need Neupogen treatment tomorrow to increase the neutrophils.

We are doing everything in our power to give my body assistance in fighting these serious infections and to keep me out of the hospital with so much flu in our community, but I am just about too sick to be doing all of this outpatient. I need to see a breakthrough quickly or they will admit me to the "slammer" (my "affectionate" name for the hospital).

No comments: