Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update & Prayer Request: March 19, 2009

Just home from the hospital and my IV antifungal treatment. The insurance case manager called as I was leaving for the hospital and it appears that the move back to home healthcare will happen on Saturday.

Praises for today: my platelets increased to 126,000 (still low but improved)! My hemoglobin is 11.1 (it has been awhile since it has been over 11 and while still low, I am excited about a hemoglobin of 11)! And I am not neutropenic, so no need for Neupogen tomorrow!

My temperature was up more today but I did feel a little better today. My liver enzymes had increased, so please pray for protection of my liver from these medicines. Also, my white blood count jumped by 30,000 to 140,000 (normal range is 5000-10,000) since Monday. I cannot figure that out since if the infection was resolving, the WBC should decline and these two antifungals both have side effects of dropping the WBC. So I am a bit perplexed about that increase.

Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragements. All of us will be great neighbors in Heaven one day! (I will have to bake all of you alot of cookies and deliver them to your Heavenly mansions, to repay all of your kindness to me).

PS - Please pray for a fellow Christian who received a cancer diagnosis this week. Please pray for healing, recovery, and comfort and peace for his family. Please pray for discernment for his physicians. God knows who he is because he belongs to Him.

No comments: