Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update: March 14, 2009

There is not much to update today. I received the IV antifungal treatment at the oncologist's office today. He had the chest x-ray reread since I am still coughing and there were no infiltrates of pneumonia but some possible signs of COPD (probably from chronic infection) the doctor surmised.

I am still having trouble with stomach upset from the medications and I was dehydrated today. The nurse had a difficult time starting the IV and I blew out three veins. I am trying to drink more tonight to avoid that scenario tomorrow.

I will have labwork done Monday to check my liver, kidneys and blood counts. Please pray specifically for my blood counts to be able to maintain themselves since these medications can cause declines in red counts, platelets, and neutrophils.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for good counts tomorrow Stacie.Hang in there.We love you,we care!!
God Bless,
Deb
www.cllcfriends.com