Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My How Things Change

Since my last post earlier this morning, much has changed.

Just heard from APRIA - who was to supply the medicine, IV supplies, pump, etc. They say ANTHEM BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD'S reimbursement is too low so they won't provide the supplies I need (I have been told that the oncologist and Apria are acting illegally to deny care to me while under contract to accept payment from ANTHEM). I am trying to find an attorney to help us sort this out and obtain the life-saving care that I need.

So, now I have to go to the hospital everyday for the treatments, and you all know what risks that pose to me.

Please, please, please -- prepare yourselves for these battles while you are still well enough to fight them. If you think you are insured, you might think again. Insurance doesn't seem to matter in this economy because if a healthcare provider doesn't deem the insurance reimbursement acceptable, they just deny you care.

My husband even offered to pay cash to the oncologist to make up the difference each day and they said that would be illegal.

If anyone has leads for attorneys that help cancer patients, please e-mail the information to Tina or myself. If I don't fight through this now, they will keep denying care to the point, I will lay in my bed and die, waiting for the appropriate medications and care that my very sick body is demanding.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am in shock reading this Stacie!!!

I am continually praying for you!! I wish I could do more!!

If you need any sort of help, I am here for you!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're having such a hard time with the insurance companies and doctors!I don't know why life can't just be easier, but I know if my life were easier maybe I wouldn't be as close to the Lord as I am now.

You're in my prayers my friend. Love you!