Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Link of Prayer

It is amazing to watch how my request for prayer traverse the globe and are forwarded on and on to other believers. A friend of mine, Mary Ann, has been faithful to forward my requests to the prayer team at her church. Weekly, this group is praying for me. (Thank you Donna and prayer warriors.)

She wrote this week, asking that my prayer warriors and I pray for a young woman named Jessica. She writes:

"Jessica is about 24 now. Nearly 2 years ago, she had a battle with Ovarian Cancer. It was pretty bad, but she made it and was Cancer Free until around Thanksgiving. She attended Nursing School throughout her illness & treatments. They have now found it in her abdomen & she has been in a terrible fight ever since. Horrible reactions to Chemos, etc, Stacie knows all about that. She is about half way through her treatments, I THINK. Her treatments are so terrible & life-threatening, that they hospitalize her for them, but she stays sick the whole time, during and between treatments. I believe there is great power in it, when we pray for someone else in a similar battle. So I asked them to pray for Stacie, and I'm asking Stacie to pray for Jessica."

So, as each of you remember me, please remember this young woman, Jessica, in your prayers. She is about the age of our three daughters, so I cannot imagine the heartache of her parents as they watch her endure this battle. Let us agree:

Father God,

We praise You that we can approach Your throne boldly on behalf of Jessica. You are her Creator. You know the inner workings of her body, far better than any physician. This day, I ask, in Your Name, that the Holy Spirit reveal the perfect treatment plan for Jessica. We ask that you perform the impossible in her body and that this disease will not be meant for death but will be turned around and used for Your glory. Bring comfort and pain relief to every cell in her body. Comfort and peace I speak to Jessica and her family. May they feel Your arms tightly wrapped around them. I speak to the mountain of cancer in her young body and ask that it be cast into the sea. Speak encouragement into this situation. I thank You and believe that we will learn of Jessica's improvement, speedily! In Jesus' Precious and Priceless Name I pray. Amen.

Later, I received this e-mail from Jessica's mother:

Please let Stacie know we will keep her in our prayers. We will pray the antibiotic washings will kill the infection once and for all. We will pray for her to be relieved of battling the constant infections as a result of the leukemia. We will pray that she will be healed completely and for her life to return to normal.. We will also pray for the Lord to bring her rest, comfort and peace while she battles this illness. We feel for her.... I can't even imagine battling the disease for as many years as she has! We also realize, as with Jessica, that the Lord is by her side...holding her hand as she continues her battle. He will give her strength and hope..
Thank you and we love you all!
Jerry & Susan, Jessica & Linley

No comments: