Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Prayer for Today: March 4, 2009

Abba Father,

I rejoice at the sunlight of this morning. I am reminded of Your might and power as the sun warms our planet. I am reminded of Your mercy as You regulate the sun’s temperature so that life survives and not perishes under its rays. I am reminded of your omnipotence as the intricacies of our universe remain consistent under the authority of Your Name.

I praise You for life. The air in my lungs and the beats of my heart are not taken for granted. I worship You, Alone, Abba Father, because apart from You, we are nothing. With Your Word and Your companionship, we will not let our hearts be troubled during difficult times. You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life and You are all that we can completely rely upon.

Today, I uplift a brother in Christ who is facing a new diagnosis and upcoming surgery next week. Reveal Yourself through Your Spirit to him, his family and his medical team. We pray for perfection through this surgery – eradicate every harmful cell and prevent all infections or complications from occurring. He has the mind of Christ, through You, and I am asking that the Lord of the Universe, encourage, comfort, strengthen and provide peace to his inner being. Let this recovery be swift and amazingly miraculous. We are trusting and believing, You, O Lord.

Only by Your stripes, are we healed and rescued from such dangerous foes as sickness and disease. Protect each of our lives from the brutality of serious infections and other complications. Restore families, lives broken by addictions, grant traveling mercies to our children this next week or two, and let each of our lives be a reflection of Your love, healing, forgiveness, and power to those who do not know You yet, Father.

My thoughts are not your thoughts.
Nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth
So are My ways higher than your ways
And my thoughts than your thoughts.
So shall My Word be that goes forth from My mouth.
It shall not return to Me void.
But it shall accomplish what I please.
(Isaiah 55:8,9,11)

Thank You for hearing our prayers and petitions. We are looking to You, trusting that Your ways will always be better than our ways. And that the promises of Your Word, which we cling to, will not return void.

In My Savior’s Precious Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: