Monday, March 30, 2009

Update & Prayer Requests: March 30, 2009

Praises for today:

1. The sensitivities returned for the second fungal infection (Penicillium). This mold is the same one used to make gorgonzola cheese. Amazing, it can do so much harm to me and all the rest of you are consuming it!

2. God truly intervened 3 weeks ago when my doctor had to select (without sensitivities) what drugs we should use to treat the infection. She selected the IV Micafungin and liquid Posaconazole. Today's sensitivities returned from the U of Texas and guess what the top two most sensitive drugs were to treat the Penicillium infection? You guessed it -- under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, God knew far ahead of what scientists would determine today, and the best drug choices are the very two I have been taking for the three weeks we have awaited the sensitivity reports. Thanks, God, for being my Physician and Protector who walks closely beside me.

Prayer Requests:

1. We are awaiting my lab reports from today to determine if the Neupogen is working and if I am no longer neutropenic. Please pray for my counts to improve.
2. Please pray that all goes well for my IVIG treatment which I will have on Wednesday.
3. Please pray for protection on our upcoming trip to Ohio State and for God to direct Dr. Byrd's recommendations for me.
4. Please pray for my strength and stamina. I am very weak and still losing weight.
5. The prognostic indicator for the leukemia that was run last week, returned with the highest level I have ever had (higher level meaning worse prognostics). Please pray this was a fluke and for this level to decrease.

No comments: