Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Enquiring Minds Want to Know



Since enquiring minds want to know ... I am posting some information on the application of Tobramycin (powerful antibiotic) that I am doing straight into the sinus cavities. The photos show the supplies needed and what one dose of the medication looks like (two large, filled syringes). I have to receive 6 of these syringe-fuls of medication put up through my nose each day. Since I try to keep my Blog one that does not have to post disclaimers, I will not post the photos of the actual procedure. :-)

My chemo nurses said they drew straws the other day to see which one had to give this to me. The short-straw nurse told me as she pushed all of this into my sinuses, with my eyes watering and trying not to choke, that she felt terrible to put me through it. When she finished, I told her, "Dana, what you did could save my life." I hope that made her feel better.

It is such with our Christian walks. Sometimes God allows us to go through very difficult situations. And He must be looking down on us, with tears in His God-eyes, wishing He didn't have to see us endure the moment. Yet, deep in His heart, He always knows the temporary pain or trial or tear will work for our greater good, if we continute to seek Him and trust Him.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Staci, my heart hurts for you.

Take all the meds, be strong and i know you will come through this.

You are one brave lady!!!