Sunday, March 8, 2009

Power of Prayer and Perseverance

I have to share with you the events of this morning. I had been awake since 5 AM this morning. I looked back at my Blog before I typed this and I posted at 7:59 AM this prayer request: "Please pray for me to have divine revelation and great peace about the treatment I should pursue."

Growing more and more groggy, at 10:34 AM, I posted a sketch of Jesus' face with the heading "HE IS LISTENING". Then I drifted back to sleep. I awoke a few minutes ago and my husband told me of visitors we had while I slept.

If you ever doubt that God isn't at work or listening, I urge you to read this. A man and woman who live probably 45-50 miles from me, had learned of my battle against leukemia. They have never met me and I have never met them. They had felt impressed to pray for me. They had e-mailed me twice and both times the e-mail was returned to them as "undeliverable". Today, they did not allow Satan to stop them on the mission God assigned to them. They drove miles to our home to personally deliver a print-out of that e-mail (which had my e-mail address exactly correct). My husband met them while I slept. We are touched beyond words to express our gratitude to Alan and Mary.

May I share their e-mail to me (deliverable by two faithful servants, yet denied delivery by our "reliable" e-mail systems). Please read what I asked for in my early morning Blog update and prayer request and then absorb the first paragraph of their e-mail from Ephesians. This e-mail from Alan and Mary had been typed on March 3rd, I prayed for His divine revelation earlier this morning and then this hand-delivered e-mail arrived to me this afternoon:


I pray "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation of the knowledge of Him. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might...." Ephesians 1:17-19

We have been keeping watch of the fiery trial that you have been fighting, and been praying for you. As Mary Ann had e-mailed to you, I felt an impression from the Lord yesterday that we should come pray for you, but for quite obvious reasons, that is not possible right now. I asked God to show me last night more clearly what we were to do. One thing that quickened my spirit was some time ago, when you shared your experience with the story of the woman who was healed from her bleeding by touching Jesus' garment.

In the Gospel of Matthew 9:20, it says she touched the fringe of His cloak. If you look up the Hebrew word for fringe, it is 'tsiytsah' and it means a 'floral or winglike projection, i.e. a fringe or tassel'. If you follow the root meaning on back it stems from a word that means to bloom, blossom, twinkle, flourish.

His garment was actually His outer cloak, which would have been his prayer shawl, There is much symbolism and rich meaning in the woman touching the tassel or fringe of the corner of Jesus' prayer shawl.

Stacie, God can use any vehicle to transport prayer. He made everything. We would like to anoint this prayer message to you via e-mail for God's awesome Grace, Mercy, and His Shalom for completeness to surround you and to bring complete healing to body, soul and spirit, We pray that you will know the 'hope' (confident expectation)of His calling, as you reach and touch the fringe of His cloak.

Grace, love and peace to you from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Alan and Mary


I am humbled and speechless. Is it not amazing that God would speak to virtual strangers about my needs? Is it not just like our Father to impress upon believers' hearts, my deep longing and faith that He will heal me as He did for that lady who suffered with the issue of blood for twelve years (despite the reports I have received)? Is it not like the Holy Spirit to speak to hearts and spirits and to arrange the details of this morning?

The prayer shawl is beautiful and holy. Its presence is anointed and richly symbolic to me. As I cry out during the night for God to touch and heal my body, I now have a tangible tassel, fringe to touch as I reach for the "hem of His garment". Many times, I tell my Father, "I am reaching, I am reaching for that hem." My spirit can picture its white and blue linen cloth, wrapped around my Savior.

In closing, my mind returned to the Scripture in Numbers 15:

Tassels on Garments

37 Again the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 38 “Speak to the children of Israel: Tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a blue thread in the tassels of the corners. 39 And you shall have the tassel, that you may look upon it and remember all the commandments of the LORD and do them, and that you may not follow the harlotry to which your own heart and your own eyes are inclined, 40 and that you may remember and do all My commandments, and be holy for your God. 41 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the LORD your God.”


He is my God and He will deliver me. And as the root meaning of fringe states: bloom, blossom, twinkle, flourish -- I await new life, new bone marrow, a new immune system, a new life to "bloom, blossom, twinkle and flourish".

No comments: