Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Brief Update: March 12, 2009

I feel badly and am very, very exhausted. I had several e-mails and comments from some of you wanting an update. I was at the oncologists' infusion center from 9:15 to 2:30 today. I had my first full dose of the IV antifungal and my first dose of the oral Posaconazole antifungal (the liquid gold product that is costing over $6000 per month). With the Posaconazole, I had blurred vision and my mouth became very warm. These concerns repeated tonight with the second dose. I am so heavily medicated that I detest this feeling - I treasure a clear thinking mind. I don't have time or patience for a fuzzy, drug clouded mind. Why anyone would ever decide to use illegal drugs is beyond my wildest imagination? I hate feeling like this. The medications are in control of my thinking and actions.

I am still running a temperature. The new fungal sample should have arrived at MD Anderson in Texas sometime today. Please pray that the financial details can be arranged for me to receive the treatment at the same location on weekends. I do not want to go to the germy hospital on weekends. Please pray for the infection to begin quickly resolving and for all of my major organs to be protected from all of these powerful medications.

My prayer for tonight .... Psalm 91

Psalm 91
1 HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!

3 For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

4 [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.

5 You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,

6 Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.

8 Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,(A)

10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.

11 For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].

12 They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.(B)

13 You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.(C)

14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].

15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.


WITH LONG LIFE HE WILL SATISFY ME!

2 comments:

John Wagner said...

Thank you for taking the time to post an update. I pray these new drugs will turn the tide for you and the infections will all leave your body. I am also praying the side effects will subside and reduce to nothing. Hang in there, you are a real inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for God to cleanse your blood from all infections and to heal you. I continue to ask Him to bless you for your faithfulness, obediance, and trust in Him. You are such an inspiration to me and to many others.

Love to you,
LeAnn