Monday, August 25, 2008

The Treatment Room

I am at the oncologists' infusion center. Today is my IVIg treatment. As always, I've been non-productive due to the premedications that induce a deep sleep. I am awake now as their effects had just worn off but additional premedications were just administered. It won't be long until more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Today, I looked at each chair in the infusion room -- supporting a life. Man or woman, young or old ..... cancer is no respector of age, sex, race, or economic status. I listened to conversations filled with hope and others punctuated with fear. Faith-filled words were uttered by some. Anger and frustration rolled off the tongues of others. One obvious difference emerged in today's conversations. Those with a personal relationship with God could face the difficulties of today because of the hope and promise of eternal life when our earthly vessels shatter and break.

I prayed. I asked the Lord to reveal Himself to each life in each chair. My heart breaks for each life attacked by cancer. I cannot imagine the Lord's heartache at the suffering of His children. Move, Lord, in this room today. Heal bodies. Save souls. Encourage hearts. Grant peace. Instill hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers today as you go through this treatment! And I join you in prayer for those others undergoing treatment for cancer (including my sister's father-in-law). I ask God to reveal himself to those who feel as though they are without hope, and to lift those who know their hope is in Heaven!