Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Benign!

On August 12, 1996, I had a bone marrow biopsy to determine if I had leukemia. On August 19, 1996, the leukemia diagnosis was confirmed on the biopsy report.

On August August 14, 2008, I had a biopsy to determine if I had endometrial cancer. On August 20, 2008, I learned that my biopsy report is benign!

Twelve years separated these eerily similar scenarios. Not only did the years separate the events, but I noticed the changes in my own heart, spirit, and faith. Twelve years ago, my life was saturated with fear as I awaited the biopsy report. I showed little faith as I wept and accepted the real possibility that I could have cancer.

This time around, I fought and faced this second biopsy with faith. I had learned the means to fight battles in the spiritual realm. I spoke faith over my situation and did not allow fear one step into the situation. If my mind even threatened to think about the "what ifs" surrounding a secondary cancer, I stopped myself and said, "In Jesus' Name, I am healed and whole. By His stripes I was healed." I never cried or wavered as I awaited this biopsy report. God had matured me as a believer over the course of these twelve years. For that and for this good biopsy report, I give my Lord, all the praise, glory and honor!

I also thank each of my family and friends who prayed for this good report for me. God heard our prayers.

No comments: