Tuesday, August 5, 2008

5 Weeks and Counting

Little Man is expected to arrive in five more weeks. Actually, I have had to rename the Lil Man. At last week's doctor's appointment, he measured at 37 weeks and our daughter was only 34 weeks pregnant. The midwife said that she would guess he isn't going to weigh an ounce less than 8-1/2 pounds. So, now I call him Medium Man!

Although he will arrive and be delivered at a hospital, our daughter is under the care of two Certified Nurse Midwives (CNM). They provide very personal, attentive care with less focus on medical intervention during deliveries. Their C-Section rate is much lower than those of obstetricians.

I have double and triple checked my lists to be certain I am prepared for Lil (oops Medium) Man's arrival. We have our own nursery at our home, since I am going to be his Nanny. With the exception of some diapers and some ButtPaste (yes, there is such a thing), our nursery looks pretty well equipped. I will probably pack me a hospital bag, so that I can grab it and be ready to run when we receive the call that he is ready to make his grand entrance into this world.

I've been speaking to Lil (Medium) Man. I tell him, "This is your Grammy speaking. I will be the third person you will lay eyes on when you are born!" Then I tell him I will be the one standing in the corner of the birthing room. (I'm sure he is making mental notes of our conversations and will remember all that his Grammy has told him since he will most definitely be the smartest baby boy ever born!)

No comments: