Monday, August 4, 2008

Showers of Blessings for Little Man

Yesterday was a day of celebration for our family. Our two oldest daughters held a baby shower for their youngest sister and the mother-to-be of Little Man. They did a wonderful job of organizing and planning this event. As the mother who always coordinated and planned celebrations, holidays, and birthdays, it filled my heart with pride and joy to see the twins taking the torch and hosting the event without the help of Mom. Afterwards, I told them that they had now been promoted to be the entertainment coordinators for our family. Evidently, I trained them well as everyone complimented their efforts.

Little Man received showers of blessings from many family members and friends. Over fifty people were in attendance and his upcoming arrival was celebrated by all. I must say, I've never seen one baby receive as many gifts as our Little Man received at his baby shower. He received clothes, bath supplies, toys, a bassinet, bouncy seat, baby swing, stroller, car seat, and an assortment of other baby paraphernalia. It touched my heart to see him receive his first Bible. I know the truths in that precious Book will construct the best cornerstone and foundation for his young life. I pray that I can live to influence and love Little Man and any future grandchildren that God knows that will join our family.

No comments: