Friday, August 1, 2008

A Prayer for Today: August 1, 2008

Dear Lord,

My heart is grateful for all that you are doing in our lives. I thank you for your love and concern for each of us. It amazes me that you love each of us as a Loving Father. Today, Lord, I ask that you cement upon our hearts that very image. Help us to fully embrace the knowledge that You have imprinted each of us – your children – upon the palms of Your hands (Is. 49:16). You are an intimate God – concerned about what we are concerned about.

Help us, Father, when we doubt. Forgive us when we doubt. Fill us with faith. As we have read about Jesus and the times He healed the sick, we know that You recognize faith at work. Jesus responded to the woman with the issue of blood, “Daughter, your faith has made you well” (Mark 5:33). Oh, how we long for You to see that type of faith at work in our lives. Continually draw us to You and Your Word. We know that “faith comes by hearing” (Romans 10:17) so let us purpose to immerse ourselves in the work of seeking and hearing You.

Give us revelation of these truths, Lord (Eph. 3:3). If we can only fully grasp how intimately You are concerned with each of our lives, we will have renewed confidence that You are in control of this out-of-control world. When we realize how deeply You love us, we will not be troubled by the trivial, temporary problems of this life. Pull our hearts and eyes toward You, Father, and toward Heaven. Let us not be lured or disturbed by the things of this world, for they are all temporary (2 Cor. 4:18).

I ask a special touch from Your hands, Lord, for the many needs that we face. My mind cannot even begin to remember all of the sufferings and heartaches that loved ones face, but I am confident that You know each situation and each solution. I turn these concerns over to you and ask that each life be touched. I recall the needs for healing, depression, relational strains, addictions, financial concerns, and wisdom to make wise decisions. I cast these cares upon you, God (I Peter 5:7). I know You can handle them.

In Jesus’ Precious Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: