Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Touch from the Father

Days and years with leukemia have not been easy. I cry my share of tears and suffer many sleepless nights. Yet, deep in my soul I know Who is in control of my body. It is not a doctor or hospital employee. It is my Creator. He, who knew the depth of my marrow before I was born, is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

I know you have heard the expression "touched by God". I never realized the personal possibilites of this expression until after I began this battle. On one Sunday morning, as we prayed at the altar, I felt strong, powerful hands on my back. Wondering who had been praying for me, I turned at the end of prayer and no one was standing behind me. When we got into our car, I asked my husband who had prayed for me and he said no one had been behind me. I told him about the sensation that someone with strong hands had touched me. And he asked me, "Do you think that God's hand would be weak?"

Months later we attended a new Sunday School class. There was a lady in the class whom neither of us had ever seen before. Again, during prayer, I sensed that strong hands were on my back and when prayer ended, no one was standing there. As the class proceeded with the lesson, the lady whom we did not know, arose from her seat and came to me. She looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Did you feel the power? You DO NOT NEED TO BE AFRAID." She repeated this again to me. Once in the sanctuary, I shared this with my husband. We never saw the lady again that morning or ever again at our church. I believe she was an angel -- a ministering spirit -- sent to comfort my soul that was filled with turmoil. That very night I became very ill and all through the night, her words, "You do not need to be afraid" rang in my ears and I buried them deep within my heart.

No comments: