Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Prayer for Today: August 24, 2008

My Precious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for Your faithfulness. This week I have marveled at the miracles you have performed. But even more, I marvel at the love you have for each of us. I marvel at how You could sacrifice Your Son for each of us. I marvel at how You take broken lives and rebuild them into beautiful examples of Christian lives.

I know we fall short of the aspirations You have for us, as Your children. Forgive us, Father, when we sin against You and Your Word. Holy Spirit, alert us when we are tempted to sin or swerve from the course God has charted for each of us according to His Word. Prompt us to be swift and sincere with our repentance. Yet, remind us Lord that once we do repent earnestly, we do not need to continue carrying the baggage of past sin and defeat with us on our life journeys.

Psalm 91: 15-16 encourages us: “He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”

So today, Lord, we call upon You. We are trusting that You will answer us. The needs and petitions are numerous yet we are assured that you are going to be with us through times of trouble. Deliver each one who has requested prayer this week. Lord, satisfy each of us with long life. Remove fear from fearful situations. Restore hope in hopeless situations. Remind us to praise in praise-less moments.

Nothing is impossible for those who believe. I love that word NOTHING. Every possible petition that we can lay before Your throne has a possible answer and solution that only You can provide. Thank You, Lord. At this moment, we put on the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness and we give all of our burdens of life to you.

I love You, Lord. Thank You for your ever-listening ear that gives us comfort and peace in our lives and hearts.

In Jesus’ Powerful Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: