Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Burdens

Tonight, I return to the topic of burdens. As I glance all about my life and the lives of my loved ones, we are facing numerous burdens. The load is heavy, almost seemingly unbearable at times. I must remind myself over and over that my Lord and Savior is waiting, willing and eager to bear our burdens. Life is difficult. I see Christian families everywhere battling the enemy on many fronts. So, tonight, I turn to my Source of hope -- my Bible -- to remind myself that these burdens will not overcome my family or me.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest."

2 Corinthians 5:4 "For indeed we who are in this tent do groan, being burdened; not that we desire to be unclothed, but that we desire to be clothed, that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life."

Galatians 5:1 "Stand firm therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and don't be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."

Father,
In Jesus' Name, I approach your throne boldly. Untangle the bondages which threaten my family and me. Help us to stand firm through difficult days. Remind us, hour by hour, that You are our Source of freedom and entanglement. We are groaning, Lord. The loads are so heavy. So, we come to You, heavily burdened, seeking Your rest, Your comfort, and Your peace. In Your Precious Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: