Thursday, August 21, 2008

100th Blog Contribution

To celebrate my 100th contribution to my Blog, I have decided to make a list of 100 facts that you may not know about me.

1. My favorite television series is Little House on the Prairie.
2. I enjoy writing and photography.
3. I am the mother of 3 daughters.
4. I was Valedictorian of my graduating class.
5. I am a published author.
6. I love visiting the ocean.
7. My favorite color is coral.
8. I spend too much time on my laptop.
9. I love to have everything organized.
10.I home schooled our 3 daughters from elementary school through high school.
11.My husband and I only knew each other 5 months when we were married.
12.As a teenager, I was a big Donny Osmond fan and I met him and got his autograph!
13.My favorite season is spring.
14.I love to play in the snow.
15.I write grants for a nonprofit organization.
16.I was blessed to be raised in a happy home.
17.I was a softball pitcher in my younger days (fast pitch).
18.I have completed almost all of Beth Moore’s Bible studies.
19.I dislike seafood.
20.I detest leukemia.
21.I integrate many alternative/complementary therapies in my healthcare protocols.
22.I have met Larry Bird.
23.I am the only one in my family with blue eyes.
24.I pray for my family everyday.
25.I use acupuncture to help me cope with chronic pain.
26.I have a passion for inner-city ministries.
27.I decorate cakes.
28.My favorite color of cars is black.
29.I highlight my hair.
30.I’ve never lost my hair when undergoing chemotherapy.
31.My favorite band is Mercy Me.
32.My favorite Psalm is the 119th Psalm.
33.I want to learn to sew and oil paint.
34.I don’t like bridges, elevators, and amusement park rides.
35.I am claustrophobic (forget MRI’s)!
36.I try to read my Bible everyday.
37.I have naturally curly hair that I shared with our 3 daughters.
38.A pulmonary embolus nearly killed me when I was 27 years old.
39.My favorite cars are Saabs.
40.I prefer traditional decorations and furnishings in my home.
41.I am extremely sentimental.
42.I have worked in the non-profit sector before becoming too ill to work.
43.My best friend and I have known each other since I was 5 months old.
44.Access to medical information on the Internet has revolutionized my life.
45.I appreciate the works of the Impressionists (Monet, Cassatt, Renoir).
46.I collect Thomas Kinkade paintings, books, and music boxes.
47.I listen to music almost all of the time.
48.My MP3 player is full of contemporary Christian music.
49.Until my spleen enlarged due to leukemia, I could still do handsprings and flips for our daughters!
50.I’m looking for an authentic 1800’s log cabin to purchase and relocate to our property.
51.I should have been born a pioneer.
52.I prefer the New King James Version of the Bible.
53.If I could have only one prayer answered it would be that all of my family will make it to Heaven.
54.I detest gossip.
55.I like to play practical jokes.
56.I usually am reading 3 or 4 books all at the same time.
57.I insist on participating in all health care decisions that are made for me.
58.I can still shoot a 3-point shot on the basketball court.
59.I enjoy pop-up books – they bring back the child in me.
60.My favorite passage in Scripture is found in 2 Corinthians.
61.I have edited several newsletters (print and electronic).
62.I use a Neti Pot everyday to prevent chronic sinus infections.
63.I have treated my leukemia with therapies from several other countries.
64.My favorite pet ever was our beloved Golden Retriever who died 2 years ago.
65.I have directed Children’s Ministries.
66.I was saved at an Awana program for children.
67.My mind never slows down.
68.I’m an insomniac.
69.I would probably be a workaholic if I felt better.
70.In nearly 30 years of driving, I have NEVER been stopped by the police for a warning or a ticket.
71.I love to roast marshmallows over a campfire.
72.I don’t have my tonsils.
73.I do not like to fly on airplanes. I tolerate it.
74.I am passionate about holidays and making memories for my family.
75.My favorite Old Testament book is Exodus.
76.I don’t enjoy going to the movies.
77.As a child, I always said I was going to become a doctor and discover the cure for cancer. Ironic that I ended up battling cancer.
78.Our twins were only 15 months old when our youngest daughter was born. I had 3 in diapers and no family closer than 700 miles.
79.We used over 250 diapers a week for awhile and I lived to tell about it!
80.My most un-nerving flight was when I flew to Washington, DC the week after the attacks of September 11th and the flight was detained on the runway due to chemical smells on board.
81.I always search for rainbows.
82.I am a Republican (usually)!
83.I love studying American History.
84.In the pre-digital world of photography, I could develop my own photos in a dark room.
85.I send hundreds of text messages per month.
86.I like to watch reruns of I LOVE LUCY.
87.I am terrified of frogs and toads.
88.I read every Nancy Drew mystery book.
89.If I had been an Olympian, I would have been a gymnast.
90.One of my favorite DVD’s is Little Women.
91.My favorite junk food is peanut M&M’s.
92.I am a very selfless person – I always give more than I take.
93.I have strong, unshakable faith.
94.I can be strong willed.
95.I can be messy but am very organized.
96.I make lists for everything.
97.I accept things I cannot change.
98.I have read all of John Grisham’s books.
99.I detest hospital food.
100.I know I am going to Heaven when I die.

No comments: