Thursday, January 8, 2009

Request for Prayer: January 8, 2009

My doctor's nurse called me today. My T-Cell counts are very low. The last time they were this low, is when I ended up with a systemic fungal infection and drug resistant UTI. I was in ICU and spent 6 weeks receiving IV antibiotics and antifungals. I truly do not want to return to that land again. Please pray for these counts to improve and for God to protect me from infections. If I allow my mind to dwell on these counts for a moment, it is strikingly frightful. I know it is equivalent to an army waiting to be ambushed and discovering they have no ammunition to defend themselves. We live in a world roaming with dangerous bacteria, viruses, and fungi. And I sit here, hoping and praying that they do not strike my body that remains undefended by the normal cells equipped to battle infections. People with AIDS who battle serious infections, normally have T-Cell counts around 200. Mine were 202.

Also, Lil Man has his first cold. It broke my heart to see him so congested and miserable. Please say a prayer for him to recover quickly and to be able to rest tonight.

No comments: