Sunday, January 18, 2009

In Memory of The World's Best Dog



Two years ago today, we lost our family's beloved 12 year old Golden Retriever. Our family raised her from a puppy of 5 weeks old. She was a vital part of our lives. We even took her on vacation with us (in a car and she weighed over 100 pounds)! But that depicts how much we loved her and how much she loved us. Many times when I was sick, she would lay by my side and not leave me. She was the most loving, gentle giant of a dog that I ever knew. When we lost her to lymphoma, a giant hole was left in our hearts. She had a funeral and burial fitting for a human being. Even today, after two years of life without her, we mourn her not being
a part of our lives. We still cry at times when we reminisce about her. We still laugh at the ways we would dress her up and she tolerated it so well.
To the end, she was gentle and loving, even when she was so sick.
Lucy Mae, we will love you forever.




1 comment:

Cip said...

How very sad and sweet. We have lost a dog before and my good friend just lost their dog of 14 years this week. I know how painful that is. She was a beautiful dog.