Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Prayer for Today: January 14, 2009

Precious Father,

We are forever grateful for the love and mercy that you offer to each of us. We are grateful that one day we will live in the house of the Lord forever. We praise You for not allowing us to lose heart through difficult times. Thank You for the strength that You give to us when we are weak.

As Psalm 25 states: “Bring me out of my distress. Look on my afflictions and my pain; and forgive all my sins.” Thank You for being our Hope, Healer, and Savior.

Holy Spirit, quicken our hearts when they are tempted to stray from our Father. Forgive us for our mistakes and sinful natures. Our hearts grieve when we fall short of the glory of God and disappoint You, Lord. Through Jesus’ precious blood, give us clean hands and pure hearts.

Hear us speedily, when we pray, Father. We are a needy people, seeking all that You have planned for each of us. I praise You for healing colds and viruses in our family and protecting me from these. I ask Your hand to protect my loved ones and me as we travel through difficult winter weather. Grant healing to each body who is in need of a touch that only You can provide. Tonight, I ask a special prayer for a dear friend who lost her job today. You are her Provider. I believe that You have something bigger and better for her. Meet each need that she might have, no matter how large or small. I know there are other needs, Lord, and I know that You remember them all far better than me. Lastly, I ask divine intervention in the lives of my family and save each heart that does not know You or serve You.

The weather is cold, Lord. Lastly, my heart is drawn to pray for those people who are homeless and cold tonight. We are grateful for our homes, heat, and health. Prompt givers to donate to agencies that are caring for the homeless, so that all of their needs will be met. Beyond the hope of a warm bed and meal, draw their hearts toward You.

In Jesus’ Priceless Name, I pray, Amen.

No comments: