Saturday, January 17, 2009

Request for Prayer: January 17, 2009

Please uphold me in prayer. I am battling yet another infection. We are awaiting culture reports and fungal stain reports so that a plan of attack can be formulated. I began one oral and one topical antibiotic last night. I am trying to avoid the hospital at all costs. I may have to be desensitized at the IV infusion center on Monday to other drugs. Please pray that the infection will not spread, that I will not have any drug reactions, and that my neutrophils (cells that fight infection) increase as I am neutropenic (dangerously low levels of neutrophils). I also may have to consider daily injections of Neupogen (a drug that forces the bone marrow to release more neutrophils). I hope to avoid Neupogen as it causes intense bone pain from the marrow being prompted to respond.

No comments: