Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Prayer for Today: January 29, 2009

Heavenly Father,

I marvel at the beauty outside of my windows. Beautiful snow drapes and covers everything in its path. The stillness is deafening. I am reminded that we are to listen ever-carefully for the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit. And as the Holy Spirit speaks, we are to obey. And with that obedience will come blessings. Thank You for the beauty of Your Creation and the power of Your Word.

Cleanse us of our transgressions, Father. We come, repentant for anything we have said, done or thought that was displeasing to You. We are grateful for the blood that was shed for each of us on Calvary. Without it, where would we be? Prompt our spirits to recognize and acknowledge areas of sin in our lives that we might not even be aware of at this time. We want pure hearts, Lord, so that nothing stands in the way of our prayers and praises to You.

As each of us wages battles on many different fronts, our lives are threatened. Psalm 39 reminds us of the shortness of this life when compared to eternal life. Help us to focus not on the possible shortening of our lives here on earth, rather let us focus on the unending life we are promised as Your children.

Psalm 39: 4-5

“LORD, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days,
That I may know how frail I am. Indeed,
You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my age is as nothing before You;
Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah

We praise You, Father, for the many answers You bring to our humble petitions. Grant safe travel through this treacherous weather for our loved ones and ourselves. Lord, help me as I face making difficult treatment decisions, guide me and direct me, Lord. Give us Your peace, so that we can be reassured that our human minds are making the correct choices.

Father, let the peace of God rule in our hearts, to which also we were called in one body; and let us be thankful. (Colossians 3:15)

In Your Precious and Priceless Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: