Thursday, January 8, 2009

CCC: Three Hundred

Words have created sentences. Sentences have formed paragraphs. And three hundred articles later, my Blog has been born and is maturing with material. Writing is therapeutic for me and it allows me a distraction from pain and sickness. My emotions and physical challenges diminish as I reflect and write. Writing allows a place to escape to for me.

These written words are formatting a legacy for my family. As long as the Internet exists, my family will have a place to visit me after I die, written words in which I will remain very much alive. They won't have to search through journals, scrapbooks, and boxes of keepsakes to located fragments of my life left on paper. I have worked diligently to post many of my life stories, published works, prayers from my heart, and reflections of my walk with the Lord on this Blog.

I have been forthright and open and bared my heart and soul in these written words. Sometimes it is easier for me to document my battles and my concerns with the written word than the spoken word. And, after all, the written word lives on while the spoken word is fleeting and momentary. I pray that each word that I write will inspire someone or cause a reader to pause and reflect.

Life is full and hectic. For most people, pausing to reflect on death or dying or life eternal is shuffled to the bottom of their "to do" lists. For me, reflecting on death and dying and my eternal life with my Savior are paramount to everyday. Death has knocked at my door and rang my doorbell for a long while. Fortunately, I have not answered when Death has knocked and I have a Savior Who has faithfully sustained me through times that medical minds never anticipated life being able to emerge. I hope that through reading this Blog, each man, woman, or child will pause long enough to realize the value of today, the threat of death on any tomorrow, and the hope of eternal life for those who have accepted Christ.

Words.....
written and permanent.....
beckoning to be read and reflected upon .......
promising a life eternal for those who read and listen and believe.......
God's eternal Words more powerful; my heartfelt words more humble......
each with a sole purpose......
to enlighten each reader to the wonder and beauty of
God's Plan for them.

Copyright Stacie

No comments: