Sunday, July 5, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: July 5, 2009

We were blessed to be able to make our holiday weekend mini-getaway mid-stream of Rituxan. I have not had any labs drawn since Thursday, so that will be on the agenda for tomorrow and I will report those findings.

I have had a bit of a problem drinking as much water (3-4 liters daily) as I should to prevent tumor lysis since I have had some nausea. Our younger twin daughter (dietitian) purchased some crystallized ginger at Whole Foods for me to try for the nausea. That is scheduled for today's agenda.

I have not had much zip this weekend but still made the trip, so that was a blessing. It was the perfect destination for rest and relaxation. I will share some photos on another blog post. Rituxan is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday this week, so please continue to ask for God to use this treatment mightily and that it helps and not harms me. Please also continue to pray that I can avoid Tumor Lysis Syndrome.

Most importantly, I have received three weeks of half-dose Rituxan and not had an infection! Now that is a major accomplishment and all praise be to God. Thank you for your faith-filled prayers.

I hope everyone enjoyed their freedom, family and faith this Fourth of July. God Bless America (Heaven knows our country needs His blessing and protection)!

1 comment:

Celeste Maia said...

I have been gone the last 10 days on a trip to another world. And now that I am back and immmediately came to check on you and am so happy with your good news, Stacie!
The photos and description of your trip sound fantastic, so glad you enjoyed such a lovely trip.
God bless!